Music Curriculum & Instruments
Our music curriculum covers many aspects, including:
• musical theory and composition;
• tuned and non-tuned percussion accompaniment of classical and popular music
• reading of music notation and playing the recorder
• different genres of music
• instruments of the orchestra
• famous music composers past and present
• songs from around the world and interactive drumming
Movement is used a great deal to inculcate rhythm into every child’s life.
Musical talent is identified early and parents are encouraged to enroll their children in extra-curricular tuition in various instruments. Currently there are children who play the drums, saxophone, flute, violin, piano and guitar. The children participate in the Royal Schools and Trinity College exams and perform in the annual eisteddfods.